We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

UK Prospective Marriage Visa

UK Prospective Marriage Visa

The UK prospective marriage visa is related to the fiancé/fiancée visa and lets a citizen bring the partner in the country without any restrictions. The candidate needs to be eligible for a fiancé/e visa in order to have permission to enter the UK to get married. The next step is to apply for indefinite leave to remain. Our immigration solicitors in London are able to guide you every step of the process in order to receive the UK prospective marriage visa. Our UK immigration lawyer can help you obtain UK residence card or British citizenship.

The conditions to obtain the UK prospective marriage visa

A couple who wishes to get married in the UK needs to meet the same conditions as the one who applies for a fiancé/fiancée visa, such as:

  •     the couple needs to prove they intend to get married in the UK;
  •     the couple must demonstrate they have enough funds to support themselves without asking for public funds;
  •     the partners need to be at least 18 years old;
  •     they intend to live in the UK permanently;
  •     they need to show the medical record or other important medical documents;
  •     they must prove they have a suitable accommodation or a place to live in after the marriage, according to the Housing Act 2004 in the UK;
  •     they must have met before the intention to get married in the UK.

It is good to know that the child or the children of the proposed fiancée will qualify for admission to enter the UK. Our UK immigration lawyer can offer you the needed information related to this type of visa, and also entire assistance for obtaining a residence permit in UK.

The advantages of receiving the UK prospective marriage visa 

This type of permit allows the person to settle permanently in the county and to legally work, without any other constraints. And the most important benefit is that the applicant will have the same conditions and advantages as any other UK citizen, after the marriage formality. The next step is to obtain permanent residence in the country and then apply for British citizenship. Our London immigration lawyer can provide legal advice.

For further details or information about the UK prospective marriage visa please feel free to contact our team of immigration solicitors in London. Assistance for UK residence card application is offered by our London immigration lawyer.