Relocating companies is a relatively simple process, but it is important to take into account both the general rules imposed in the field of business in the country of origin, but also those in the UK. Simplifying this process can be done with the help of our specialists and more precisely with the support of our immigration lawyers in London, with experience in this field. Find in this article some essential information about moving to London, England.
Table of Contents
Choosing UK for company relocation
The UK is definitely an extremely attractive business hub in terms of the development of activities and related profits. London is an ideal business destination that already hosts a large number of registered companies with foreign capital and a favorable climate for development. The prestige of a company incorporated in London will certainly weigh in front of foreign investors and business associates. Here are some of the reasons why company relocation in London is definitely one of the best ideas for supporting and developing a business:
- The UK and particularly London have a business-friendly environment that sustains foreign investments in a large percent.
- Most local and foreign startups have huge chances of success in London.
- The qualified and skilled workforce represents a plus for international investors interested in UK relocation of businesses.
- The business expansion can start in London, after relocation, as the climate is quite optimal.
- A stable economy and exciting business incentives are offered to foreign entrepreneurs.
Our immigration solicitors in London are at your disposal with a series of formalities they can handle for moving to London, England. We assist foreigners with company relocation and varied immigration-related aspects.
We can also advise on how to obtain UK residency by investment. Entrepreneurs from all over the world immigrate to UK to open firms for a variety of reasons, including the ease of doing business there, the talented workforce, and the possibility of a high return on investment. While the notion could at first sound intimidating to individuals who are not born and raised in the UK, but with little assistance and direction, the procedure can be straightforward and quite rewarding.
The Tier 1 (Investment) Visa is the United Kingdom’s form of the Golden Visa because it grants residency to persons who make significant contributions to the British economy. It is best to contact legal experts who specialize in these topics to help with the necessary papers and processes for obtaining a Golden visa for the UK. Furthermore, keep in mind you cannot renew your investment visa or seek permanent residency in UK unless you spend most of the year in the UK.
How is the company relocation process made in London?
First of all, the relocation of the company should start in the country of origin and more precisely inside the company where some documents need to be accepted and signed. Therefore, both the company’s managers and the administrators, together with the business owners, will have to agree on moving the company to another country, in this case, the UK. Such documents must contain complete information about the reason for the relocation, where the new headquarters will be and whether extra activities will be developed in the future. Here are some simple steps to keep in mind when starting a UK relocation of a company:
- The documents containing the relocation decision of the company must be registered with the relevant authorities. They must be notified of this decision from the beginning.
- The contracts with the suppliers must be concluded right away and any credits or debts must be paid.
- A company that deals with the physical relocation of a firm should be hired. So, if you want all physical goods to be moved to the new location, then you need to request such services.
- If the company’s owners are not part of an EU country, then all the details regarding visas and approvals required in this regard will be established. One of our London immigration lawyers will provide the necessary support in this direction.
- If the process of closing the activities of a company in the country of origin, in order to relocate was carried out successfully, the firm will then be registered with the authorities in the country where the relocation is made.
- The registration with the financial authorities in order to pay taxes is important and must take place immediately after relocation.
It is important to know that you will not be alone in the relocation process of the company you own. Thus, our team of UK immigration lawyers is at your disposal with the necessary support and useful information to benefit from a simple and fast process.
Businesspersons can also apply for residency in UK with our help.
Investing in UK
The UK is definitely a top business destination, hosting famous companies, but also startups with great potential on the market. An experienced workforce, the various areas of interest where the business has a high chance of development, government support, well-developed infrastructure, and many simplified formalities for quickly registering a company are just some of the strengths the UK offers, alongside an excellent business climate. Here are some statistics that outline the economic direction of the UK:
- More than USD 2,075 billion represented the total FDI stock for UK in 2019.
- The greenfield investment sector is quite appealing for international entrepreneurs in UK. The field registered more than USD 36 billion in terms of investments.
- The simplified business formalities analyzed by the 2020 Doing Business report ranked UK 8 out of 190 worldwide economies.
Interested in company relocation to London? We invite you to contact our team of immigration lawyers in UK and discover the facilities we can offer when it comes to moving to London, England. In addition to this, you are also welcome to get in touch with our immigration attorneys if you are interested to know whether you qualify for UK residency or not. You are a British citizen by birth if you were born in the United Kingdom before January 1, 1983. Furthermore, if you were born in the United Kingdom after January 1, 1983, you are a British citizen by birth if at least one of your parents was a British citizen or settled in the UK at the time of your birth. To learn more in this regard, get help from our lawyers.