Australian citizens can freely enter UK with a valid passport and stay up to six months as tourists. There is no need for a visa; however, things change if a job is accepted in this country. All the visa requirements for the UK after Brexit can be discussed with our UK immigration lawyers. We can offer complete legal support in matters of immigration and more, so feel free to discuss with us how to immigrate to UK from Australia.
Table of Contents
Step by step guide for obtaining a UK visa
The process of visa application varies depending upon the types of visas you choose. For example, if you are moving to London from Australia as a tourist for up to 180 days, you do not need to apply for a visa. But if the circumstances change, you must get a visa. It is recommended to apply for a UK visa under the legal assistance of our UK immigration lawyers. Their contribution can help you obtain a visa by avoiding unnecessary delays in the application process. Besides the application process, you also need legal assistance in choosing the correct visa type.
You can trust the legal services of our immigration lawyers in UK with this whole process. If you have decided to move to UK from Australia, our lawyer’s legal assistance would be helpful.
How to choose the correct UK visa?
At first, you must figure out your purpose: why do you want to immigrate to UK from Australia? Because the whole procedure depends on your purpose of moving to the UK. Here are some visa types in the UK that you can choose from:
- UK study visa: if you plan to relocate to UK from Australia to enroll in a university or study course, you need to apply for a study visa. You can apply for a UK short-term study visa for short-term studies, whereas if you plan to stay longer, you can apply for a Tier 4 visa;
- UK Tourist visa: If you are moving to London from Australia as a tourist for up to 180 days, you are not required to apply for a visa;
- UK work visa: if you plan to immigrate to UK from Australia to engage yourself in the paid activities here, you must apply for a work visa;
- UK transit visa: if you need to pass through the UK in transit to another country, you can apply for a transit visa.
You can rely on the services of our UK immigration lawyers for information regarding other types of visas that UK authorities offer. The different visas may include those for family reunions or setup of a business in the UK.
Application procedure for immigration to the UK
You are required to complete the UK visa application form with the correct information. You can get the help of our lawyers if you need any assistance regarding fulfilling the application form. The application usually requires your name, surname, country of residence, nationality, personal number, passport number, marital status, the reason you want to immigrate to UK from Australia, and other information about your application. To avoid the chances of application rejection, you are welcome to get in touch with our experienced UK immigration lawyers for their assistance. Please find below the list of required documents that you must submit while applying for a UK visa:
- UK visa application form;
- two passport-sized photographs must be taken within the last six months;
- a valid passport with at least one blank page for the visa;
- proof of sufficient financial means to fulfill your living costs while in the UK;
- proof of accommodation;
- your travel plan in the UK;
- biometric information;
- UK visa invitation letter;
- proof of paid UK visa fees.
This is a general documentation guide; however, you will be required to submit the additional documents, which vary as per your purpose of travel to the UK. For instance, if you plan to relocate to UK from Australia for work, you will be required to submit a letter from your employer. You are also required to provide the certified translation of any document that is not in English or Welsh. In addition, several nationals are bound to submit requests for a Tuberculosis test to be eligible for a UK visa. So, you can get the legal help of our knowledgeable lawyers if you need a Tuberculosis test to qualify for a UK visa. Finally, you are also required to attend the UK visa interview in person. An adult will accompany the applicants under the age of 18.
Australian skilled workers in the UK
As mentioned above, Australian citizens can enter the UK without a visa if they visit the country for touristic purposes and no more than six months. However, in the case of skilled workers from Australia, they will need a visa to stay in the UK legally. Here is what you need to consider about a skilled visa for the UK or the Tier 2 visa:
- The Tier 2 visa for skilled works is valid for five years, with the possibility of extension;
- The certificate of sponsorship is part of the application. This is prepared and registered by the company that hires an Australian citizen;
- Knowledge of the English language is a mandatory condition;
- You can bring the family members with this kind of visa;
- You can accept other jobs too in the UK.
If you would like to immigrate to UK from Australia and need a Tier 2 visa for skilled workers, please feel free to discuss all the legal aspects with one of our skilled lawyers. We can assist Australian nationals with visa formalities and related immigration matters.
If you plan to move to UK from any other country, you can rely on us.
Australian temporary workers in the UK
The Tier 5 visa for temporary workers is issued for Australians who accepted specific jobs they need to stay for a short period in the UK. In addition, the British authorities implemented the Youth Mobility Scheme that addresses young workers from Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and Canada who want to work and live in the UK for a short period. Charity workers, creative and sportspersons, religious workers, and citizens who applied for government authorized exchange can apply for a temporary work visa for the UK. More about how to move to the UK from Australia can be discussed with our immigration lawyer.
Visas for Australian businessmen
People in business from Australia can enter the UK if they apply for specific visas like:
- The Global Talent visa for research, culture, arts, etc;
- Start-up visa for Australians who want to open a company in the UK;
- The Investor visa for investments of at least GBP 2 million;
- The Innovator visa available for experienced businessmen from Australia.
Each visa requires complete attention in documents and different requirements, so the support of an experienced UK immigration lawyer is essential. If you would like to immigrate to UK from Australia, feel free to ask for legal advice and skip the possible misunderstandings or errors in procedures and formalities. This way, you can avoid a visa rejection.
How can I obtain a residence permit for the UK?
The UK residence card is generally issued when you receive the visa for the UK and provide information about the accommodation in the country. Our specialists can offer complete details on obtaining a residence permit in immigration in the UK, so feel free to get in touch with us and ask us about how to relocate to the UK from Australia.
Is company relocation from Australia to the UK available?
Yes, you can relocate your company from Australia to the UK, following a few simple steps. First of all, it is essential to start the de-registration process of the company if you are interested in relocation and immigration to the UK. First, a declaration with complete information about company relocation to the UK from Australia, signed by the owners, administrators, and managers, is needed. Then, if all the company documents are accepted, the registration of the business in the UK can start. Plus, the relocation of movable assets can commence. The entire company relocation process from Australia to the UK can be attentively supervised from a legal point of view by one of our UK immigration lawyers, so feel free to discuss with us at any time.
Can you extend your UK visa?
Yes, it is possible to extend the visa while you are in the UK. However, the process differs as per the type of visa you hold. You can get legal backing from our experienced UK immigration lawyers if you want to extend the duration of your UK visa. They will provide you with comprehensive assistance in this regard.
Besides visa extension, if you face any immigration problems while moving to London from Australia, you can also depend on the legal help of our lawyers.
UK immigration and population
Below you can find some interesting facts and figures about UK immigration and population:
- More than 68 million citizens are living in the UK, according to worldometers.info;
- More than 83% of the population in the UK is urban;
- Nearly 9.5 million immigrants are living in the UK, according to statistics revealed in 2019;
- The most significant number of migrants is found in London, around 35% rate.
Are you interested in immigrating to the UK from Australia? We kindly invite you to contact our immigration lawyers in UK and find out all the legal aspects in this matter.