Australian citizens can freely enter UK, with a valid passport, and stay up to 6 months as tourists. This means that there is no need for a visa, however, things change if a job is accepted in this country. All the visa requirements for UK after Brexit can be discussed with our immigration solicitors in London. We can offer complete legal support in matters of immigration and more, so feel free to discuss with us about how to immigrate to UK from Australia.
Australian skilled workers in UK
As mentioned above, Australian citizens can enter UK without a visa if they visit the country for touristic purposes and no more than 6 months. In the case of skilled workers from Australia, they will need a visa to legally stay in UK. Here is in large lines what you need to consider about a skilled visa for UK or the Tier 2 visa:
- The Tier 2 visa for skilled works is valid for 5 years, with the possibility of extension.
- The certificate of sponsorship is part of the application. This is prepared and registered by the company that hires an Australian citizen.
- Knowledge of the English language is a mandatory condition.
- You can bring the family members with this kind of visa.
- You can accept other jobs too in UK.
If you would like to immigrate to UK from Australia and need a Tier 2 visa for skilled workers, please feel free to discuss all the legal aspects with one of our UK immigration lawyers. We can assist Australian nationals with visa formalities and related immigration matters.
Australian temporary workers in UK
The Tier 5 visa for temporary workers is issued for Australians who accepted specific jobs for which they need to stay for a short period of time in UK. The British authorities implemented the Youth Mobility Scheme that addresses young workers from Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and Canada who want to work and live in UK for a short period of time. Charity workers, creative and sportspersons, religious workers, and citizens who applied for government authorized exchange can apply for a temporary work visa for UK. More about how to immigrate to UK from Australia can be discussed with our London immigration lawyer.
Visas for Australian businessmen
Businessmen from Australia can enter UK if they apply for specific visas like:
- The Global Talent visa for research, culture, arts, etc.
- The Start-up visa for Australians who want to open a company in UK.
- The Investor visa for investments of at least GBP 2 million.
- The Innovator visa available for experienced businessmen from Australia.
Each visa requires complete attention in matters of documents and different requirements, so the support of an experienced UK immigration lawyer is essential. If you would like to immigrate to UK from Australia, feel free to ask for legal advice and skip the possible misunderstandings or errors in matters of procedures and formalities. This way, you can avoid a visa rejection.
How can I obtain a residence permit for UK
The UK residence card is normally issued at the time you receive the visa for UK and provide information about the accommodation in the country. Complete information about how to obtain a residence permit in UK can be offered by our specialists in immigration in UK, so feel free to get in touch with us and ask us about how to immigrate to UK from Australia.
Is company relocation from Australia to UK available?
Yes, you can relocate your company from Australia to UK, following a few simple steps. First of all, it is important to start the de-registration process of the company, if you are interested in relocation and immigration to UK. A declaration with complete information about the company relocation to UK from Australia, signed by the owners, administrators, and managers is needed. Then, if all the company documents are accepted, the registration of the business in UK can start. Plus, the relocation of movable assets can commence. The entire company relocation process from Australia to UK can be attentively supervised from a legal point of view by one of our immigration solicitors in London, so feel free to discuss with us at any time.
Below you can find some interesting facts and figures about UK immigration and population:
- There are more than 68 million citizens living in UK, according to worldometers.info.
- More than 83% of the population in UK is urban.
- There are nearly 9.5 million immigrants living in UK, according to statistics revealed in 2019.
- The largest number of migrants is found in London, around 35% rate.
Interested in immigrating to UK from Australia? We kindly invite you to contact our team of immigration lawyers in London and find out all the legal aspects in this matter. We can assist Australian citizens properly immigrate to UK.