Entering UK without a visa as an EU citizen is possible for the moment. Most of the regulations related to visa applications were available until the end of 2020 when the post-BREXIT accommodation period closed. As for the rules regarding how you can obtain a visa for UK in 2021, you are invited to talk to one of our immigration solicitors in London. Meanwhile, you can discover in this article how you can obtain different types of visas.
Who needs a visa for UK?
Non-EU/EEA and Swiss citizens who want to enter and visit UK for different purposes must first obtain a visa. There are different types of visas for UK, for persons who want to join the family in this country, who want to study, work or simply visit UK. Foreign citizens are advised to verify in the first place the type of visa they need and then prepare the required documents for the application. If you get in touch with our London immigration lawyer, you can receive in-depth support, legal advice, and guidance, in order to ease the visa application process for UK and skip any possible error or problem that might arise during the process.
What types of work visas are available in UK?
The General Work visa, the Sportsperson visa, the Minister of Religion visa, and the Intra-company Transfer visa are long-term visas for UK, also named Tier 2. There are other important types of work visas that can be issued for foreigners interested in working in UK:
- Investor, business development, and talent visas – the Star-up visa, the Innovator visa, and the Entrepreneur visa, the Global Talent visa, Graduate Entrepreneur visa.
- Short-term visas – Charity Worker visas, Government Authorized Exchange visa, Creative and Sporting visa, International Agreement visa, Youth Mobility Scheme visa, Seasonal Worker visa, and Religious Worker visa.
- Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa.
- UK Ancestry visa.
Representative of an Overseas Business visa.
These are a few work visas available for foreigners who want to work in this country. In terms of eligibility, the requirements are quite simple. Persons must obtain a certificate of sponsorship, must be over 18 years of age, and must have a clean criminal record. It is good to know that work visas are available for 5 years, with the possibility of applying for an extension. Our London immigration lawyer can offer complete support for foreigners wanting to obtain a work visa for UK.
Student visa for UK
A student visa for UK will be issued depending on the course length, the place, and the type of studies. Here are the main student visas you can solicit:
- The general student visa – it is required for longer courses, mentioning that you must prove details about the sponsor. This can be the chosen college or university.
- The short-term student visa – this type of visa has a validity of 6 months. Minor students can stay up to 11 months with this type of visa.
- The child student visa – this is normally issued for minors up to 17 years old who will study at independent schools in UK.
How can I join the family in UK?
Spouses or family members of a British citizen or of a person who has UK citizenship must apply for a family visa to enter this country. In this case, one must prove the family relationship, have proper English language knowledge, and have sufficient funds to support the living in UK. The family visa for UK is valid for 6 months for fiancées or civil partners and 2.5 years for other family members. Talk to our UK immigration lawyer for legal assistance in this matter.
How can I obtain a start-up visa for UK?
The start-up visa for the UK is necessary for foreign entrepreneurs who want to open a business in this country, mentioning that they need to be endorsed by a higher education institution in UK or by a business organization that sustains young entrepreneurs. Among the eligibility criteria, it is important to present a business plan with an original and innovative business idea, plus information about the development potential. The new visa regulations for UK must be fully understood before application, a matter where our advisors can help. We have gathered some facts and data, offered by the Office for National Statistics, that you might find interesting:
- around 642,000 foreign citizens moved to UK in 2019, according to statistics;
- most of the persons who moved to UK in 2019 declared they want to live in this country for more than just 12 months;
- around 402,000 citizens in UK left the country in 2019;
- approximately 228,000 students came to UK in 3019 to attend courses of chosen universities and colleges.
Foreign citizens who want to obtain a visa for UK are invited to contact our team of immigration solicitors in London for legal guidance and support. You can rely on the experience of our UK immigration lawyer.