Tourist visa requirements
The standard tourist visa has substituted the following visas, such as general visitor visa, family visitor visa, child visitor visa, sports visitor visa, business visitor visa, entertainer visitor visa, private medical treatment visitor visa, prospective entrepreneur visa. To be suitable for a UK tourist visa for tourism reasons, there are standard requirements that must be met. Furthermore, the candidate must meet several other criteria based on the reason for the visit to the UK.
Our immigration solicitors in London remind us that candidates must only visit the UK for a maximum of six months at a time, demonstrate that they will be able to financially support themselves, and meet the cost of their onward voyage. As a reminder, the applicants must not take up any paid or unpaid employment in the UK. Interested in a residence permit for UK? Please discuss this with our UK immigration lawyer.
Needed documents for a UK tourist visa
Our London immigration lawyer recommends to every candidate to either apply online or in person for a tourist visa and pay the £85 visa fee when they have gathered the following documents:
- the confirmation that you will not remain longer than 6 months in the country, unless your tourist visa category permits longer stays, for example:
- a return ticket;
- evidence of employment or studies in your home state;
- evidence that you have family ties in your home state;
- evidence that you can support yourself during your journey, like bank statements.
- a current passport or other valid travel ID;
- a passport-sized color photo;
For any other information or assistance regarding a tourist visa for UK, you can contact our immigration solicitors in London. The same team can help you obtain a UK residence card or British citizenship.