Eligibility criteria in UK
- be at least 18 years old;
- prove that the investment capital belongs to him/her or to his/her husband/wife/unmarried or same-sex partner;
- have a bank account opened in the UK;
- the investment capital is kept in one or more regulated financial institutions;
- the investment capital is free for spending in the UK.
Family members in UK
Time frame of the Tier 1 investor visa in UK
Rights and obligations
- invest at least GBP 2,000,000 in government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading companies that are registered in the UK;
- work or study;
- apply to settle in the UK after two years, if you have invested around GBP 10 million;
- apply to settle in the UK after three years, if you invest approximately GBP 5 million.
- invest in companies that have to do with property investment, property management, or property development;
- work as a sportsperson or sports coach;
- have access to public funds;
- work as a doctor or a dentist in training unless certain conditions apply.
Students with sponsorship in UK
Documents preparation for a Tier 1 visa for investors in UK
How long does it take to obtain the Tier 1 visa for investors in UK?
Tier 1 visa for investors – The points-based scheme
Can the authorities in UK verify the source of funds?
The extension of a Tier 1 visa for Investors in UK
What happens if my Tier 1 visa application is refused?
Can I use assets as part of future investments in UK?
What type of money sources are accepted?
Money generated from the company profits, investments, divorce settlement, financial awards, gifts, testaments, or deeds of sale are accepted sources for future investments in UK. If proof of other legal sources is offered, the authorities will take it into consideration. We remind you that the amount of money you wish to invest in UK needs to be deposited in a local bank account.
Below you can find some interesting information about migration in UK, provided by the Office for National Statistics:
- Around 642,000 citizens moved to the UK in 2019 while about 402,000 left the country.
- In the year ending March 2019, around 226,000 citizens came to UK.
- Citizens from Bulgaria, Romania, Estonia, Hungary, Germany, Denmark, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, France, and Spain already live in UK.
- Around 250,000 non-EU citizens moved to the UK during march 2018 and March 2019.
Immigration in UK
According to Migration Observatory, the foreign-born UK population increased to almost 9.5 million in 2019 from nearly 5.3 million in 2004. About 52% of the total foreign-born population in UK were girls or women, according to statistics for 2019. The largest number of immigrants is found in London, approximately 35% or more than 3 million, followed by South East with 13%. Most migrants in UK come from Poland (15.5%), Romania (7.2%), and India (5.9%) according to the data for 2019. About 48% of the EU citizens immigrated to UK for work purposes, while 34% of the same category relocated to UK for joining family members.
Choosing our immigration solicitors in London
Our immigration services in UK are at the disposal of any citizen who is interested in a UK Golden visa, study visa, family visa, spouse visa, or residence permits, no name a few. We have a dedicated team of lawyers with experience in immigration matters for UK, mentioning that rules changed after Brexit and serious attention is required for all visa applications. Foreign investors in UK will have to solicit comprehensive information about the eligibility criteria for the type of visa they need. A correct application allows you to obtain the Tier 1 investor visa or the UK investment visa without complications or possible rejections.
We remind that our clients can rely on our experienced team of immigration lawyers in London who work in complete professionalism, openness, competence, and confidence to achieve the best possible results. No matter the immigration issued you deal with, especially after Brexit, you should ask for immediate legal advice from our specialists.
FAQ about Tier 1 visa for investors in UK
1. Who can apply for a Tier 1 investor visa for UK?
Non-EU citizens interested in UK investment visa should follow the eligibility criteria and make an application in this sense. If you are over 18 years of age you can apply for a Tier 1 visa for investors in UK.
2. How much money do I need to invest in UK to be eligible for the investor visa?
Investments of at least GBP 2 million in government bonds, active and trading companies or share capital needs to be made in order to obtain the Tier 1 visa for investors. If you invest around GBP 10 million after 2 years of living in UK, you can apply to settle in this country.
3. What is the validity of the Tier 1 visa for investors in UK?
The Tier 1 Investor visa is valid for 3 years and 4 months, with the possibility of extension for another 2 years. All the legal aspects of UK Golden Visa can be explained by our UK immigration lawyers.
4. Can I bring the family members to UK with a Tier 1 visa for investors?
Yes, family members can join the visa applicant in UK. Information about all the financial aspects can be discussed with one of our specialists.
5. Is the criminal record verified when applying for a Tier 1 investor visa for UK?
Yes, if you apply for a UK investment visa, you should be prepared for some verifications made by the British authorities. If the criminal record is not clear, the visa application can be rejected.
6. What is the timeframe for Tier 1 visa for investors in UK?
The Tier 1 investor visa can be issued in approximately 3 weeks from the application date. Special conditions in this sense might apply to investors who come from Turkey.
7. Will the source of investment funds be verified by the British authorities?
Yes, investors in UK must provide detailed documents showing the source of the investment funds. The British authorities pay much attention to fiscal evasion and the ways it can be contested.
8. Is the extension of a Tier 1 visa for investors subject to specific requirements?
Yes, having at least GBP 1 million in UK bank accounts is a mandatory condition for Tier 1 visa for investors extension. You can find out more about the legal aspects of this kind of visa if you get in touch with our London immigration lawyer.
9. Can I appeal the visa application rejection in UK?
Yes, if you believe that your visa application was incorrectly rejected by the immigration authorities in UK, you can appeal the decision. One of our immigration solicitors in London can represent you throughout the entire process.
10. Is legal advice necessary for UK investment visa application?
Yes, there are specific legal matters that only a solicitor with experience in immigration can explain in detail. The Tier 1 visa for investors can be easily obtained if you respect the eligibility criteria.