We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

When You Need Residency Permit in UK

When You Need Residency Permit in UK

The British Nationality Act 1981 contains all the necessary conditions for candidates who need to apply for British citizenship, in order to demonstrate, amongst other things, that they are free from immigration constraints.  A residence permit in UK can be obtained if you have lived 5 years in the country. This document will prove the right to live in the UK for every citizen, and our immigration solicitors in London will help you with guidance and legal assistance, in order to receive the best possible result. Talk to our UK immigration lawyer if you need legal help.

Essential conditions when you apply for residency permit in UK

Any individual can obtain a UK residence card if he meets these important conditions:

  •     he lived with a EEA (European Economic Area) family member for a minimum of 5 years in the UK;
  •     he held a valid EEA family visa or a residence card;
  •     he has a marriage or a civil partnership visa.

Citizens of EEA and EU countries, along with their family members, were until 12 November 2015 eligible once they have reached the necessary 5 years of residence in the UK, held permanent residence for the last 12 months of that time, and encountered all the other conditions. It is good to know that Brexit didn’t change the present circumstances for the citizens mentioned above who wish to receive a residence permit in the UK. Our UKimmigration solicitor will legally assist you if you want to apply for a residence permit in UK or for British citizenship.

Other details regarding residence permit in UK

The residence permit in UK is something that any individual obtains automatically according to the country’s rules and regulations, if the conditions are encountered; there is no need to officially apply for it and it is not deliberated or settled by the British consultants, but by an automatic process of EU regulation. EU or EEA residents do not need residence permits, but on the other hand, if you wish for non-EEA national members of your family to enter in the UK, you will need to apply for an EEA family visa. It is good to know that you can only apply for this kind of visa in your home country. Our London immigration lawyer can offer legal support.

Please don’t hesitate to contact our immigration solicitors in London if you need additional information about UK residence card, or if you want any other immigration services. Our London immigration lawyer can offer legal advice.