We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

Visa for UK – Short Overview I

Visa for UK – Short Overview I

If you wish to visit the UK for different purposes you should, first of all, apply for the necessary visa. Our immigration solicitors in London can provide you with the proper information and guidance if you want to obtain a marriage visa, a work permit, a Tier 4 student visa in the UK, or UK residence card. You can rely on the support and guidance of our UK immigration lawyer if you want complete details about how to immigrate to UK.

Apply for a UK marriage visa

If you intend to get married in the UK or you wish to register a civil partnership you will need a marriage visitor visa in the UK. The conditions to obtain such a visa need to be considered before you apply for a marriage visa, and here we remind the following:

  •     you need to be at least 18 years old;
  •     you need to prepare a visit for no more than six months;
  •     you need to support yourself financially during these six months, without asking for public funds;
  •     you are not married;
  •     you need to announce that you wish to get married or to register a civil partnership;
  •     you need to show the return ticket.

Before you apply for a marriage visa, it is recommended to ask for guidance and help from our UK immigration lawyer. It is good to know that you can extend the marriage visa after six months. Support for a residence permit in UK or for British citizenship can be offered by our London immigration lawyer.

Apply for a UK work permit

A work permit in the UK is necessary for overseas citizens who wish to legally work in the country (our London immigration lawyer can offer details). There are many work visas available for different categories of skilled workers, such as domestic workers, representatives of a foreign business, sportsmen, temporary workers, religious workers, etc. A work permit in the UK is granted if certain requirements are fulfilled, like:

  •     the candidate needs to have a job offer;
  •     the applicant shows the degree qualification according to the UK’s’ recognition;
  •     the candidate needs to have work experience in the chosen domain.

Our immigration solicitors in London can offer assistance and detailed information if you are interested in obtaining a work permit or a residence permit in UK.

Apply for a UK Tier 4 student visa

If you are at least 16 years old and you have been accepted to a UK college, you should apply for a Tier 4 student visa. In order to receive such visa, you need to pass the IELTS test that shows the knowledge of your spoken and written the English language, and you will need to prove you can pay for the courses and for your stay in the UK. It is good to know that future students can receive a student visa with availability for the entire course, no matter if it’s for six months or for two years. With this type of visa, you can also have a job, with about 15 or 20 hours per week, if the opportunity arises. If you wish to bring your dependants or family members to the UK, they will need to apply for a particular type of visa.

Please feel free to contact our team of immigration lawyers in the UK for additional information and assistance in this matter or for obtaining UK residence card or British citizenship.