We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

Transit Visa for UK

Transit Visa for UK

If you are just passing through the UK on your way to other countries, you should know that it might be necessary to have a transit visa for UK. Our immigration solicitors in London are able to provide you with all the needed information and also legal assistance if you want a transit visa for UK. Those interested in UK residence card or British citizenship are invited to talk to our UK immigration lawyer for complete details and support.

Short overview of the transit visa for UK

If you need a visa to pass through the UK you should verify the situation and also solicit the help of our UK immigration lawyer. All the details regarding this type of visa, and of course the needed documents can be obtained with the help and guidance from the immigration solicitor in UK. Here are the main aspects that you should take into consideration if you apply for a transit visa for UK:

  •   you need to be in transit to another state with sufficient money and you should  intend  to travel on;
  •   you must be able to demonstrate that you can pass in that country;
  •   you need to prove that the only reason of your visit to the UK is just transit.

Transit visa if you are not leaving the airport

In case you won’t leave the UK airport you should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa (DATV). This is a necessary visa if you are going to change flights in the UK, without going through UK border control. You should know that DATV lasts for up to 24 hours, and our London immigration lawyer will offer you all the details about this kind of visa. Also, if you need to apply for a residence permit in UK or British citizenship, please talk to our specialists.

Transit visa if you are going to leave the airport

If you are leaving the UK airport you should have a visitor transit visa. This type of visa is necessary if you are going through the UK border control and leave the country within 48 hours. Our immigration solicitors in London recommend you to apply for a long-term visitor in transit visa if you need to regularly pass through the UK over a long time period. It is necessary to know that both direct airside and visitor transit visas are subject to certain fees. Our London immigration lawyer can tell you more.

If you need a transit visa for UK you can contact our immigration solicitors in London. You can discuss with our team about UK residence card and general rules for application.