We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

Short-term Study Visa in UK

Short-term Study Visa in UK

Starting from 24 April 2015, the student visitor visa for the United Kingdom has renamed the short-term student visa. Differing on when you apply or when a decision is based on your solicitation, you may obtain a visa that says either student visitor or short-term student. Our immigration solicitors in London can offer proper guidance and information if you apply for a short-term study visa in the UK. Assistance for UK residence card or British citizenship is offered by our UK immigration lawyer.

Requirements for a short term study visa in the UK

The immigration lawyer in London recommends you to apply for a short-term study visa in the UK if:

  •     you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland;
  •     you are doing a short program of study in the country. Besides guiding you about short-term study visas in UK, you can also get help from our lawyers if you want an investor visa in UK. The processing time for a tier 1 investor visa varies, but it usually takes 3 to 6 months to get a decision. To boost your chances of success and shorten the processing time, make sure that all requirements are met and that the application is submitted correctly.

What you can and can’t do with a short term visa in the UK

With a short-term study visa in the UK you can do a short course of study in the country, like an English language module or an educational course and you can also do a short period of examination, as part of a degree program if you are studying overseas. It is good to know that with this type of visa you can’t study at a national school, you can’t work (counting on a work assignment or work experience) or carry out any business. Also, the short-term study visa cannot be extended and you cannot bring family members with you.

Interested in a residence permit in UK? Would you like to obtain British citizenship? Please get in touch with our UK immigration lawyer. In addition to help you get a short-term study visa in UK, our immigration lawyers can also help you acquire other visas. For instance; if you are seeking information and practical assistance regarding acquiring an innovator visa in UK, the services of our lawyers are at your disposal. Keep in mind that you must invest £50,000 for this visa. As the innovator visa has replaced the old entrepreneur visa. To get updated information about the innovator visa, get in touch with our lawyers.

How long you can stay in the UK with a short-term study visa

You should know that you can stay in the UK for 6 months – for any short program (taking into account the English language courses), or short period of research if you are 18 years old or more. Also, you can stay for 11 months if you are 18 years old or over, and having an English language class. Any “visa national” citizen needs to apply outside the United Kingdom to enter as a short-term student. If your state is not on the list, then you are a “non-visa national”, therefore you can apply at the embassy in your own state for approval before you leave. Our London immigration lawyer will properly advise and guide you through the entire visa process.

On the other hand, you can bring all your needed documents and apply at the border when you come to the UK. You can apply up to 3 months before the date that you propose to travel to the United Kingdom as a student, yet complete support can be offered by our London immigration lawyer.

For any other questions or legal assistance about the short-term study visa in the UK you can contact our immigration solicitors in London. They can help you obtain a residence permit in UK.