We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

Short Stay Visa for UK

Short Stay Visa for UK

If you are planning on remaining in the United Kingdom for up to 6 months you should apply for a short-term UK visitor visa. Our immigration solicitors in London will offer you details, information, and legal assistance if you need a short stay visa for UK. It is significant to remember that short-term visas generally do not allow you to stay for longer than 6 months and they don’t allow family members to travel on the same visa, even though the name may involve otherwise.  You should take into consideration that visitor visas do not permit you to take on paid employment in the UK.

Here are the main types of short-term visas in UK:

  • standard visitor visa;
  • visitors in transit;
  • student visitors;
  • marriage visitors;
  • parents of Tier 4 child visa holders;
  • official paid short-term arrangements.

Marriage visitor visa

You will need to apply for a marriage visitor visa if:

  • you wish to get married or register the civil partnership in the UK;
  • you are not planning to stay in the UK after your marriage;
  • you wish to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in the country.

Our UK immigration lawyer can tell you all the details and can offer legal advice.

Parents of Tier 4 child visa holders

You can apply for this type of visa if your child joins an independent fee-paying day school in the UK, or if you are from outside Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA). Our UK immigration lawyer recommends you to apply for a visa up to 3 months before your travel date to the UK and you be should certain upon your visa within 3 weeks.

Standard visitor visa

You can apply for a standard visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for leisure, for instance on holiday, or to see your friends and family. If you visit the country for business, to receive private medical treatment, or to take part in sports events, you will need a standard visitor visa. More in this matter can be offered by our London immigration lawyer.

Visitors in transit in UK

If you pass through the UK in transit you will need this type of visa and you must take into consideration the following aspects:

  • you must be in transit to another state with enough money and  to travel on;
  • you must be able to show that the only reason for your visit to the UK is only transit;
  • you must be able to demonstrate you can enter that state.

Our immigration solicitors in London will guide you step by step and will give you any information about the short-stay visa for UK, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can rely on the legal support of our London immigration lawyer.