We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

Obtaining a Leave to Enter the UK as a Domestic Worker

Obtaining a Leave to Enter the UK as a Domestic Worker

Obtaining a leave to enter the UK as a domestic worker can be done with complete support offered by our London immigration lawyer who knows all the rules and who can offer legal support. Foreigners are suggested to ask for legal advice and representation for any type of visa or other immigration-related aspects. Plus, if you would like to skip a possible visa rejection it is best to have a team of advisors by your side.

Who can obtain leave to enter the UK as a domestic worker?

A citizen can apply for a visa for visiting the United Kingdom if:

  •  he/she is a domestic worker within a private household,
  •  he/she has been working for an employer for at least one year,
  •  he/she is outside the EEA and Switzerland,
  •  he/she meets the other eligibility requirements.

The domestic worker category includes the following: cooks, chauffeurs, cleaners, and those helping their employer and his/her family and nannies. The citizen can apply for the visa three months before the date of departure from the country of origin. A decision will arrive within three weeks from applying for the visa, depending on the country from which the person leaves.

Applied fees and conditions for living (working) in the UK

It will cost £405 to apply for the visa as a domestic worker in a private household and the citizen can stay within the UK if the employer leaves for a short period to other countries. The domestic worker will be able to travel abroad and later return to the United Kingdom (in order to complete the stay), but he or she will need to provide proof of still working for the employer, as a letter from him/her. In case the domestic worker will need to change employers, in a private household, he/she can only stay in the UK for a maximum period of six months. More details can be offered by our immigration solicitors in London.

What a domestic worker can’t do

In order to remain for a long period in the UK, the working citizen will not be able to change the employer (for who he/she came to the country). In such conditions, the employee can’t live inside the United Kingdom for long periods of time and will not be allowed to bring any family members as dependents. The other members of the family must apply separately. In addition to these conditions, the domestic worker must not receive public funds in order to be able to afford to live in the UK.  Our London immigration lawyer can offer in-depth support.

For any other questions or any additional information regarding the possibility of receiving a leave to enter the UK as a domestic worker in a private household, do not hesitate to contact our immigration solicitors in London. If, within the United Kingdom, someone will be in need of UK immigration lawyer, make sure to solicit our help.