Unless you have an entitlement to citizenship in the UK, founded on ancestry, you will possibly have to apply for naturalization in one of the following two categories: naturalization after 6 years in the UK and naturalization after 3 years in the UK as a spouse of a UK citizen. Our immigration solicitors in London can properly guide and inform you if you want to apply for naturalization in the UK. Before that support for UK residence card is needed.
Naturalization after 6 years in the UK
If you are not married to a British citizen you will need to meet the following conditions, in order to apply for naturalization in the UK, mentioning that you can receive support from a UK immigration lawyer:
- you intend to live in the UK or in Crown Service abroad (working straight for a UK Government institute), or be hired by an international organization of which the UK is an affiliate, or be employed by a corporation or society founded in the country;
- you must be aged 18 or over and are not of illogical mind;
- you should be able to speak English, or Welsh, or Scottish Gaelic. Exceptions apply to old and/or mentally ill individuals;
- you need to have good integrity.
The entire application process will be strictly supervised by our London immigration lawyer, in order for you to obtain proper results. Support for UK residence card and British citizenship is offered.
Regarding this kind of category, if you are not married to a UK citizen you must meet the following residence conditions over the last 6 years:
- you must not have been living in the United Kingdom and break any UK Immigration Laws at any time, during the six-year period ending with the date that the application is accepted by the Home Office.
- in the course of the six-year period you must not have been outside the UK for more than 15 months;
- in the course of the last 12 months of the six-year period you must have detained long-lasting residence/ indefinite leave to remain (ILR;
- you must have been living in the UK precisely six years before the date the application arrives at the Home Office;
- during the last 12 months of the six-year period, you haven’t been outside the UK for more than 90 days. More details can be offered by our London immigration lawyer.
The naturalization process lasts presently about six to seven months, yet you can benefit from support from our UK immigration lawyer. If you would like support with British citizenship application, our immigration solicitors in London can guide you during the entire procedure, so please feel free to contact us. we can help you obtain a residence permit in UK.