Granting leave for remaining in the UK
- the private servant must have spent a continuous period of at least five years (lawfully) in the UK in this
- the person is still requested for the job in question, certified by the employer,
- he or she demonstrated sufficient knowledge about the life of the UK and of the English language,
- the servant in a diplomatic household must provide the required documents, evidencing the reason for absences (if the case),
- he/she must not fall for refusal (under the general grounds) and is not in breach of immigration laws within the United Kingdom, except the case of any period of overstaying 28 days or less in the country, which will be disregarded. Our London immigration lawyer can tell you more.
In case of refusal
There might be the situation where the indefinite leave to remain in the UK, for a private servant in a diplomatic household, is to be refused and when that happens is because the secretary of state is unsatisfied with the already met requirements, under one or another legal form.
In case there are any other questions regarding a private servant in a diplomatic household, our immigration solicitors in London can offer guidance and help. All of the requirements have to be met, following the correct procedure, all while providing the requested documents. In any case, do not hesitate to contact us if extra details are required. Support for UK residence card is also offered by our London immigration lawyer.