Important details about International Graduates Scheme
Who can be nominated for IGS
- finish a relevant course at an accepted institution of higher learning within the UK, such as a bachelor’s degree, Ph.D., Master’s degree, or postgraduate certificate or diploma, counting those who have concluded a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education);
- finish the module within the last 12 months. This is considered from the date of expiry of leave as a student to finalize the course;
- propose to work during the period of one year decided by the structure;
- be able to accommodate and support himself and any dependent relative, without asking for public funds;
- intend to leave the country after the period of one year, except if he relocates to another scheme like the highly skilled migrant, business owner, innovator, or student;
- get approval before applying for IGS, if their education is supported by a government or international studentship organization. Our London immigration lawyer can offer support.
Anyone coming under the International Graduates Scheme can have any kind of work they wish. If unmarried partners, spouses, civil partners, and children are already in the UK during the applicants’ visit as a student, they can change their status along with the applicant and stay in the country. Entry clearance is mandatory if the dependants are applying from overseas. Our immigration solicitors in London can tell you more.
Please feel free to contact our immigration solicitors in London, if you need extra information and assistance for the “International Graduates Scheme”.