If you are planning to immigrate to UK from Ukraine as a refugee or for any other purpose, you are welcome to get in touch with our immigration lawyers in UK. They can provide you with practical assistance throughout the relocation process.
Furthermore, if you want to acquire a residence in UK, you can also rely on the legal services of our attorneys. You may be required to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS center to submit your biometric information and supporting papers when applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR). Not all ILR candidates will be required to attend the UKVCAS service; you will be notified whether an appointment is necessary when you submit your application. You are welcome to get in touch with our lawyers if you need expert legal assistance while applying for residency in UK.
Table of Contents
UK sponsorship scheme for Ukrainians
If a Ukrainian has a named sponsor who can offer housing for at least six months, the relevant individual and his/her family members are eligible to move to UK from Ukraine under the sponsorship scheme. Application is cost-free. They will be able to receive public funds while living, working, and studying in the UK. Please get in touch with our immigration UK lawyers if you require any help. However, a general description of eligibility criteria is provided below:
- Must be a Ukrainian or a member of his/her close family in order to apply for the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme;
- Under 18 and applying with a parent or legal guardian, or applying to join them in the UK, must be at least 18 on the application date;
- You should also have a residence in Ukraine as of January 1, 2022, or earlier (including those who have now left Ukraine);
- Be outside of the UK;
- Have a suitable sponsor who resides in the UK;
- You are permitted a three-year stay in the UK.
If you have further questions regarding your eligibility to move to UK from Ukraine, you can get in touch with our immigration lawyers. The lawyers at our law firm in UK can also help you if you are interested in obtaining citizenship in this country. They will assist you throughout the UK citizenship application procedure.
Other visas and resident permits for the UK
UK provides a variety of visas and permits. You may therefore choose any type that you see appropriate for you to immigrate to UK from Ukraine. The following is a general list of visa categories and residency permits:
- Indefinite leave to remain;
- Refugee visa;
- Transit visa;
- Family visa;
- Tourist visa;
- Student visa;
- Business visa;
- EEA resident permit, etc.
Please interact with our law office in UK to speak with knowledgeable immigration attorneys if you want to immigrate to UK from Ukraine on one of the visa types listed above. In addition to this, if you are interested in applying for residence by investment, you can consult with our lawyers. They can provide you with information regarding potential investments.
Point-based system in UK
If you are relocating to UK from Ukraine on any other visa instead of refuge, you should be aware that in order to qualify for immigration, you must earn a high score on the country’s points-based system. When the freedom of movement between the United Kingdom and the European Union was terminated, this system was put into place. Everyone must now fulfill a specified set of conditions, whether they are EU citizens or not, in order to receive points. Only Irish nationals who reside and work in the UK as a part of the Common Travel Area are eligible for the exception. Please see the explanation regarding how the points are awarded below if you are interested in relocating to UK from Ukraine:
- You will receive 40 points if you acquire a job offer for a skilled position from a firm based in the UK that has been approved;
- 10 points if you speak English fluently;
- 20 points if your annual salary is expected to be at least 25,600 pounds.
- Even if the pay is less than 25,600 pounds, certain positions in education or healthcare still count for 20 points.
- The applicant must get a salary of at least 20,480 pounds;
- 10 points can be added for a relevant Ph.D.;
- 20 points can be added for a Ph.D. in science, engineering, technology, or math;
- If you secure a lower-paying position where there is a scarcity in the UK, you can earn 20 points.
To qualify for immigration to UK from Ukraine, a score of 70 points is needed. Our attorneys can offer you legal support if you are relocating to UK from Ukraine. Additionally, our immigration lawyers can provide you with in-depth advice on how to maximize your scores under the UK’s point-based system.
Ukrainians in UK
Please find below the statistics regarding Ukrainians being displaced and their relocation to UK:
- According to the UNHCR, more than 4 million Ukrainians have left their country since Russia invaded in February.
- Within Ukraine, almost 6.5 million people have been displaced.
- Since the beginning of March, the UK has given 25,500 visas to Ukrainian refugees,
- 22,800 visas have been issued to persons who want to reunite with family members already in the UK under the Ukraine Family program.
Contact our attorneys if you are interested to immigrate to UK from Ukraine. They can provide you with detailed practical assistance in this matter. A publicly financed national medical and healthcare system is available to all citizens of the UK without charge. In the UK, the National Insurance contribution tax funds this. As a Ukrainian, if you want refuge in the UK and get these healthcare benefits, our lawyers can assist you. Get in touch for more detailed information about immigration to UK.