Citizens who want to immigrate to UK from Thailand should consider legal advice from our team of experts in the field. In this approach, it is important to respect the immigration formalities, depending on the visa category required. In the following lines, you can read important information about how to move to the UK from Thailand, helped by one of our UK immigration lawyers.
Table of Contents
Visas for Thai citizens immigrating to the UK
There are several visa categories, depending on the reasons for relocating a Thai citizen to the UK:
- spouse visa,
- student visa,
- work visa,
- family visa.
The UK spouse visa for Thai citizens is among the most requested and popular visas for relocation to this country. Here are some details about it:
- With a spouse visa in UK, you can stay for a longer period.
- To be eligible for this visa, you must be in a civil partnership or married to a British citizen.
- The applicant must be over 18 years old and prove that he intends to stay in the UK with his partner permanently.
- Proof of accommodation in the UK is required.
- Shared income of at least GBP 18,600 is another eligibility criterion.
- Also, proof of minimum knowledge of the English language must be provided.
We specify that the spouse visa for Thai citizens has a validity of 2 years and 9 months, and it will be extended for another 2 years and 6 months. Our immigration lawyer in UK can take care of the formalities for obtaining this type of visa. So, if you want to relocate to UK from Thailand, don’t hesitate to contact us.
How can I apply for a student visa for the UK as a Thai citizen?
When you want to immigrate to UK from Thailand for study purposes, it is recommended that you consider the conditions for obtaining the necessary visa in this regard. A student visa for UK can be obtained taking into account the following aspects:
- You must prove that you have been offered a place on a course in UK. The respective university or college can issue such a document as part of the sponsorship.
- It is necessary to have sufficient financial resources to pay for the courses.
- You must prove that you know English.
- Issuing a student visa in UK is done in just a few weeks, but the application for it should start at least 6 months before the start of the courses.
If you want to move to the UK from Thailand, you can discuss further legal aspects with our immigration lawyers in UK. A student visa for UK is not difficult to obtain if you consider the specialized legal support offered by our company.
Contact us for a personalized offer if you want to immigrate to UK from Thailand.
Skilled work visas for Thai citizens
If you want to move to the UK from Thailand as part of a job offer, you should apply for a skilled work visa, one of the most popular visas in this country.
In this sense, it must be stated that the occupation of vacant positions by foreign workers, including Thais, is done only after priority is given to workers from UK. On the other hand, in order to be able to apply for a work visa for UK, it is necessary to have an employment contract, specifying the salary. And in this case, you have to prove that you know English.
Therefore, those who want to immigrate to UK from Thailand can discuss all legal aspects with one of our specialists. Our UK immigration lawyers can manage the formalities and documents required by the authorities for required visas.
Below we present some statistical data about Thai citizens in UK:
- There are around 50,000 Thai-born citizens living in UK.
- Over 44,300 applications for visitor visas for UK in 2022 were registered.
- Around 39,800 of these were successfully issued for Thai citizens who wanted to visit UK.
Would you like to immigrate to UK from Thailand? Please feel free to contact our immigration lawyers in UK for legal advice right away. We can help persons who want to relocate to UK from Thailand.