We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

Immigrate to UK from South Korea

Immigrate to UK from South Korea

Choosing the proper type of visa for you will depend on the reason you want to visit and how long you want to stay in the UK. There are several different UK visas available, from short-term to long-term. If you have any questions about how to immigrate to UK from South Korea, you can get in touch with our UK immigration lawyers who can provide you with detailed assistance in this matter. 

Why do you need a visa to move to UK from South Korea?

You must acquire a visa to study, work, visit, or reunite with relatives in the UK. Various visas are available depending on:

  • the place you are from;
  • why you would like to visit the UK;
  • how long you intend to remain;
  • your unique situation and abilities.

Before applying, you must decide what kind of visa you need. It is necessary to get legal assistance before carrying out your plan to relocate to UK from South Korea.

Our immigration lawyers in UK can assist you when you need a visa to move to UK from South Korea. You are welcome to consult with our immigration lawyers in UK if you have any queries. 

Types of UK visas

There are various visas available on which you can immigrate to the UK from South Korea. Please find a general description of these visas below:

Standard visitor visa

For a stay of up to six months, apply for a standard visitor visa. You can choose from visas for:

  • a short course of study;
  • a business trip;
  • a meeting;
  • a vacation;
  • seeing family and friends.

If you intend to travel to the UK to get married or establish a civil partnership, you must apply for a marriage visitor visa. You are not allowed to work in the UK if you have a visiting visa. If you want to move to UK from South Korea on a standard visitor visa, you can get legal help from our UK immigration lawyers

Study visa

The type of visa to apply for depends on your course length, program, and location of study. You can go to UK with a short-term study visa to enroll in an 11-month or longer English language program. Typically, a student visa is for a lengthier course. You must have a confirmed spot and be sponsored by an accredited college or university. On this visa, you might be able to work for a while. For children aged 4 to 17 who desire to attend an independent school, a child student visa is available. You may work on this visa if you are 16 years of age or older. If you want to study in UK, our immigration lawyers can assist you to relocate to UK from South Korea on a study visa. 

Family visa

You can apply for a family visa to join someone who has British citizenship or who has settled in the UK if you are his/her spouse, partner, or family member. He/she might need to demonstrate their financial ability to support you. Upon settling in the UK for a predetermined period, you might be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR). If you are planning to move to UK from South Korea to join your family members, you can seek legal services from our UK immigration lawyers. Furthermore, our lawyers can also help you apply for residency in UK. If you are planning to apply for permanent residence in UK, you should know that there are two ILR application forms; you must fill out the one that applies to your situation: If you are the partner of a UK citizen or the parent of a child settled in the UK, use application form SET (O); otherwise, use form SET (M). Along with the form, you must give supporting documentation to prove your legal status and eligibility for ILR, such as payslips, bank account records, council tax letters, and a letter from your employer on business letterhead.

Work visa

With a work visa, you can work in the UK for a short or long time. Work visas come in a variety of forms. If you require a visa depends on:

  • whether you have a job offer,
  • your qualifications,
  • whether you wish to bring your family along,
  • what you will be doing, such as participating in sports or performing philanthropic or religious activities.

With a start-up or an innovator visa, you can launch a business. Our immigration attorneys can help you immigrate to UK from South Korea on a work visa. 

If you want to know other visa options on which you can relocate to UK from South Korea, the expert immigration lawyers located at our law firm in UK can assist you. Besides relocation, if you need assistance with your UK citizenship application, our lawyers can provide you with practical support in this matter. 

Immigration statistics in UK 

If you are interested in immigrating to UK from South Korea, you are encouraged to have a look at the percentages of immigrants in this country:

  • According to Migration Observatory, the number of foreign-born people living in the UK rose from roughly 5.3 million in 2004 to almost 9.5 million in 2021;
  • In 2021, compared to 48% of UK-born individuals, 70% of foreign-born individuals were aged 26 to 64;
  • A total of 48% of UK’s foreign-born residents lived in London (35% or 3,346,000 people) in the year ending June 2021.

Contact our immigration lawyers in UK if you are interested in relocating to UK from South Korea. There are many diverse reasons why people move, including economic, social, political, and even environmental factors. Additionally, some people decide to immigrate to another nation to increase their professional prospects. Economic gains, a rise in cultural variety, a rise in immigrants’ standards of living, a younger labor force, and talented employees in industries that desperately need them are all advantages of immigration. So, if you are planning immigration to UK, you can consult our lawyers. Our lawyers can further assist you to help you get residency by investment in UK. 

Furthermore, our lawyers can also offer you detailed assistance if you are planning to get UK citizenship. You can become a British citizen by birth or by applying for naturalization if you are 18 or older. To become a British national, you must demonstrate that you have been in the UK on Indefinite Leave to Remain status for the past 3 years. To learn about other sets of requirements, get in touch with our seasoned lawyers.