A visa is a document that permits you to enter the United Kingdom. It does not matter if you want to immigrate to UK from Russia temporarily or permanently, your visa will be an important element of your immigration process. If you want to relocate to UK from Russia, you must know that Russians are required to obtain a visa to enter this country.
So, if you want to move to UK from Russia, it is advised that you apply for a visa with the help of one of our UK immigration lawyers. Their legal assistance can support you in obtaining a visa by avoiding unnecessary application delays. You can also acquire legal aid in selecting the appropriate visa type in addition to the application process.
Table of Contents
Visas available in UK
There are various types of visas available on which you can immigrate to UK from Russia as per your purpose of travel. You can also get in touch with our immigration lawyers in UK. They can help you in choosing an appropriate visa, and also assist you in the application process. Please find below a general guide to the different types of UK visas:
- Work visa: If you want to relocate to UK from Russia for work, you will need a work visa.UK also offers working visas, which are designed for high-end professionals;
- Study visa: These visas are given to international students who wish to immigrate to UK from Russia for study purposes;
- Visitor visa: Visitor visas to the United Kingdom are provided for short stays, tourism visits, and other similar purposes. A tourist visa for more than six months is infrequently issued by UK authorities. With this type of visa, foreign nationals are unable to work in the United Kingdom;
- Family Visa: The UK family visa is for visiting family members in the United Kingdom. You can apply for this visa if you want to move to UK from Russia to join them as their dependents for more than six months;
- Refugee visa: The temporary refugee visa is for those who are intending to enter the United Kingdom and are at the border because they were forced to flee their country. This visa is applied for from within the UK. It is only valid for a short time until the visa holder is no longer in danger and may return to his/her home country.
If you are planning to immigrate to UK from Russia on any other visa, you can interact with our skilled immigration lawyers. They can help you in choosing an appropriate visa type. Besides getting a visa, if you want to apply for UK citizenship, you must bear in mind that depending on your circumstances, you can apply for British citizenship in different ways.
Permanent residence in UK
In the United Kingdom, permanent residence is referred to as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). This is given to persons who have demonstrated their dedication to the UK while on a temporary visa. An ILR allows a person to stay in the UK for as long as they want and then seek citizenship after a set period. The IRL’s requirements and processing time are determined by the applicant’s current visa. But there are some general requirements to obtain an ILR as given below:
- They must have a good understanding of lifestyle in the United Kingdom;
- They must be fluent in English;
- Applicants under the age of 18 and above the age of 65 who wish to immigrate to UK from Russia are excluded from this requirement.
If a person spends more than two years outside the UK, his/her ILR may be canceled. The applicant can apply for UK citizenship after staying in the UK for 5 years with an ILR. Once you relocate to UK from Russia, you can interact with our immigration lawyers. They can describe to you details about acquiring permanent residence in UK.
Immigration statistics in UK
If you want to immigrate to UK from Russia, you can check below the immigration statistics. You can see a constant surge in the number of UK immigrants from 1995-to 2015:
- The number of immigrants in the United Kingdom in 2015 was 8,543,120, about 12.34 percent higher from 2010;
- The UK welcomed 7,604,583 immigrants in 2010, 28.32 percent more from 2005;
- In 2005, 5,926,156 immigrants entered the United Kingdom, about 25.28 percent higher from 2000;
- In 2000, the number of immigrants in the United Kingdom was 4,730,165, 13.83 percent more from 1995.
If you are planning to immigrate to UK from Russia, contact our immigration attorneys. They can guide you through the whole relocation procedure.
Furthermore, in the United Kingdom, the tier 1 visa for investors has taken the position of the tier 1 visa for entrepreneurs. Foreigners can obtain residency in the United Kingdom by making particular investments in the country. So, if you want to acquire UK residency by investment, get in touch with the lawyers located at our law firm in UK.