Our immigration lawyer in UK can help German citizens relocate to UK in a safe and reliable manner. We recommend those interested in immigration to UK from Germany use the services offered by our specialists to benefit from a fast and uncomplicated process in terms of documents.
So, if you have a plan to move to UK from Germany, you are welcome to get in touch with our lawyers in UK. Our skilled immigration lawyers will provide you with detailed legal assistance about relocation. Furthermore, if you want to obtain residence in UK, you can also interact with our skilled lawyers.
Table of Contents
Point-Based System (PBS) in UK
The United Kingdom’s Point-Based System (PBS) acts as a substitute for the former system, which was far more complex and difficult to cover, as visas are a way of restricting immigration to the United Kingdom from outside the nation. The PBS system ranks visa applicants depending on how many points they may earn by fulfilling visa criteria. Each visa requirement includes a set of points, and the candidate must get a certain number of points to earn the visa.
If you have questions about the UK’s Point-Based System, you can ask our lawyers without any hesitation. They will answer all your related questions and also provide you with information on how you can achieve maximum points to move to UK from Germany.
UK visas and residence permits
UK offers several kinds of visas and permits. So, you are free to select any suitable type for you to move to UK from Germany. Here is a general list of visa types and resident permits given below:
- Refugee visa;
- Transit visa;
- Family visa;
- Tourist visa;
- Student visa;
- Business visa;
- Indefinite leave to remain;
- EEA residence permit etc.
If you want to immigrate to UK from Germany from any of the above-categorized visa types, you are welcome to get in touch with skilled immigration lawyers at our law firm in UK. You can also find a general elaboration below on some kinds of visas available in UK.
Furthermore, you can also interact with our lawyers if you want to obtain residency by investment in UK. Our lawyers will not only provide you with detailed guidance about moving to England from Germany but they will also help you to get residency in this country. Once you relocate to UK from Germany with the legal assistance of our immigration lawyers, you can also avail of further services.
For instance, if you are interested in learning about the advantages that UK citizenship offers, our lawyers can offer you comprehensive information. You should also know that if you were born in the United Kingdom after January 1, 1983, you may be recognized as a British national.
Visa for family
A family visa allows you to visit relatives in the United Kingdom. This visa is for persons who have family members working and residing in the United Kingdom and wish to join them as their dependents for more than six months. Husband or wife (spouse), partner, fiancé, fiancée, or intended civil partner, children, parents, and other family members are examples of dependents. As a family member, if you want to relocate to Germany from UK, you can get in touch with our skilled immigration lawyers.
If you want to enjoy these benefits, you can get in touch with our lawyers. They can guide you about immigration to UK. After relocation to this country, if you are further interested in acquiring permanent residence in UK, the services of our lawyers are at your disposal. But you need to fulfill certain requirements. If English is not your first language and you do not qualify for any of the exemptions, you must produce proof that you have at least a B1 level of English language understanding to apply for ILR. This condition is normally met by having a degree-level qualification taught in English or possessing an educational qualification from a recognized UK institution.
Visas for tourists and visitors
The UK is a popular tourist destination for short or extended stays. Visitor visas to the United Kingdom are provided for short stays, tourism trips, and other similar purposes. A tourist visa for more than 6 months is rarely granted by UK authorities. With this sort of visa, like with many others, foreign citizens are unable to work in the United Kingdom. Short business travels are handled similarly. If you want to move to UK from Germany based on this visa, you can rely on the legal knowledge of our skilled lawyers. Our immigration attorneys in UK will provide you with detailed assistance in relocation. In addition to this, if you want to apply for UK citizenship, our lawyers can also help you out in this matter and will offer you information about how to immigrate to UK.
Tier 1 visas for Germans
The UK Tier 1 visa can be an ideal option for German citizens who want to do business in UK. There are several possibilities in this regard, and the following two are the most recommended and appreciated:
- Innovator Visa – Recommended for qualified entrepreneurs interested in starting a business in UK. Among the conditions imposed is the investment of at least GBP 50,000 for a business which must first of all be approved by the local authorities. It must be active in the innovative sector. Thus, the innovator visa allows the application for Indefinite Leave to Remain status after 3 years of residence in the UK.
- Start-up Visa – Ideal for young entrepreneurs who want to open a business in UK. Just as in the case of the innovator visa, approval is needed. The advantage is that you don’t have to invest a certain amount of money.
UK visa application process
The UK visa application process can start with online procedures. The recommendation in this case is that the application should start at least 3 months before the relocation to the UK, and in the case of students, at least 6 months.
The immigration authority (UK Visa and Immigration) is the one that checks the documents of foreign applicants, in this case, German citizens. Here is a general outline of what you need to prepare, noting that one of our specialists can offer you specialized legal advice:
- Valid passport;
- Bank statements that show you can support yourself and also family members if that is the case;
- If there are no exceptions, an approved test is required to show the level of English knowledge you have;
- If you apply for a work visa in UK as a German citizen, you must present the Certificate of Sponsorship. Our immigration lawyers in UK collaborate closely with the employing companies, and the exchange of documents can be done this way;
- In the case of family visa application for UK, birth and marriage certificates are required;
- Those who have been accepted to one of the colleges in the UK and want to apply for a UK student visa must submit the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.
The authorities may ask for other documents, but if you work with one of our specialists you will know exactly what it is about and what you need to prepare.
EU Settlement Scheme after Brexit
Even if the United Kingdom is no longer in the European Union, following Brexit, German citizens can still apply for EU Settlement Scheme, if they were in the UK by 31st December 2020.
As the process may seem a bit complicated in this case, we recommend those interested in the EU Settlement Scheme discuss all legal aspects with one of our lawyers specialized in immigration issues.
Germans in UK and Europe
Below is recent data about immigration to UK from Germany:
- The data for the year ending June 2021 show that there were around 135,000 German citizens living in UK with a residence permit.
- Around 15,000 Germans were registered in Scotland for the year ending June 2021.
- Although UK is one of the preferred destinations for German citizens in terms of relocation, Switzerland is also an option. Around 311,00 German citizens live here.
Contact our law firm if you are thinking about moving to England from Germany. Our UK immigration lawyers can provide you with detailed information and practical legal help in the relocation process.
Furthermore, if you are planning to relocate to UK from US, you can get in touch with our immigration lawyers for their help in the relocation process. We can help you immigrate to UK in the shortest time possible.