We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

How to Plan Your Moving to UK

How to Plan Your Moving to UK

Planning to move to the UK? We recommend you make some research before and consider the main steps of relocating to the UK, such as the necessary visas, the education for your child, the rental services, and the job opportunities. Non-EU (European Union) citizens will need particular visas to enter the UK, according to their purposes, which is why we suggest you ask for help and assistance from our immigration solicitors in London.

Visas for non-EU citizens

If you are from a non-EU or non-EEA (European Economic Area) country you will need a visa to enter the UK. Citizens who want to get married to a British person must apply for a marriage visa for the UK also known as a spouse visa, if you are at least 18 years, you intend to live together and you provide details about your fiancé/e. This type of visa is available for 33 months and can be renewed or extended for a permanent stay in the UK. You can also solicit a fiancé/e visa for the UK if you intend to enter the UK for an indefinite or permanent stay in the country. Our UK immigration lawyer has vast experience in immigration matters for citizens outside the EU. We remind that persons from EU countries do not need a visa to enter the UK, but they should apply for a residence permit.

Find a job in the UK

Once you have decided it is time to move to the UK, you should consider reviewing your resume and upload it on the official job opportunities web sites. There are numerous recruitment agencies that are in search of the proper candidates to fill in positions in sectors like health, education, tourism, IT, engineering, agriculture, financial services, etc. The UK is definitely a country with open doors for all immigrants who want to start a new life and benefit from suitable conditions that can be met once you have established in the country. We remind that the special types of jobs will require special types of visas, such as:

  •     visa for temporary workers;
  •     visa for religious workers;
  •     visa for sportsmen and coaches;
  •     visa for skilled workers.

A work permit will be necessary when applying for the visas mentioned above, cases where the employer is required to prepare a letter of employment and a copy of the work contract. Talk to our UK immigration lawyer for legal advice.

Search for a property in the UK

No matter if you want to buy or rent a property in the UK, it is best to make a quick analysis of the house market in the country. There are many citizens who decide to rent a condominium near the big cities in the country, due to affordable prices. As for transportation in the UK, the infrastructure is the key point in the country, where you can rely on the developed and excellent quality services, no matter if you choose to drive your car or to take the bus or the train. As a short conclusion, we remind the following steps to consider when planning your relocation to the UK, which can be explained by our London immigration lawyer:

  •     apply for a visa to enter the UK (as a non-EU citizen);
  •     apply for a job in the UK;
  •     look for properties for rent;
  •     register for social contributions;
  •     obtain the health insurance;
  •     look for the proper school for your child;
  •     search for the proper transportation;

You may receive complete information regarding your relocation to the UK from our team of immigration solicitors in London, so please do not hesitate to contact us. You can rely on the support of our London immigration lawyer.