We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

How to Find a School in UK for Your Child

How to Find a School in UK for Your Child

The education system in the UK is one of the most appreciated in the world. Children can benefit from interesting courses and well-prepared teachers. Numerous immigrants choose to relocate in the UK and to register their children to state-funded schools, where they can continue their studies. No matter where you come from, it is best to seek advice and information about the education system in the UK, matters in which our immigration solicitors in London can help. Our UK immigration lawyer can help you obtain a visa.

Choose a school for your child when arriving in the UK

There are numerous reasons why citizens from abroad choose to enter and settle in the UK, education being one of them. If you have decided to work in the UK, it is recommended to choose a school for your child. We remind that schools in the UK have particular admission criteria that are settled by the city council. For instance, if you live close to a certain college, your child can be registered there. Parents should consider the following matters when choosing the school for their children, and also ask for support from a UK immigration lawyer:

  •     if the school is state-funded;
  •     if it is close to their home;
  •     if the school offers complete attention for all pupils;
  •     if the college as well-prepared teachers;
  •     if the institute offers special programs for premium scholars;

Parents who want to find out more details about a particular school need to make some research before making any decision:

  •     they can visit the school to find out information about the available programmes;
  •     they can communicate to other parents to find out details about the school;
  •     they can see some reviews online;
  •     they can check-out the school league tables with exam results included;
  •     they must verify the admission criteria.

Our London immigration lawyer can provide you with information and details about the available visas to enter the UK, and about the education system in the country.

Non-EU and non-EEA children attending UK schools

If you are from a non-EU (European Union) or non-EEA (European Economic Area) country and you intend to visit the UK for a short period of type, take into consideration that your child cannot attend any school in the country. Children of non-EU and non-EEA immigrants need to obtain permission to study in the UK and to choose a private school, where a particular tax needs to be paid. We remind that all children between the ages of 5 to 16 have a place in a state-funded school in the UK, if a longer period of stay is involved. Besides that, if you have a child with special needs, it is good to know that the UK has numerous colleges where the staff is well-prepared and can properly interact and communicate which such children. There are numerous programmes that are strictly based on dealing with physical needs, emotional and mental health. Our London immigration lawyer can tell you more about this matter.

We invite you to contact our team of immigration solicitors in London for further assistance in immigration matters, including the ones related to proper education for your children.