We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

How a Non-EU Citizen Can Work in UK

How a Non-EU Citizen Can Work in UK

A work permit is necessary for all non-EU citizens to legally work in the UK and certain conditions are mandatory in this matter. Our immigration solicitors in London can provide you with assistance and guidelines when preparing the documents, besides information about the type of visa you need to enter the country. Legal advice can be requested at any time from our UK immigration lawyer.

Requirements for a work permit in the UK

People with suitable skills and experience can easily find jobs in the UK and if they are accepted, they can apply for a work permit in the UK. The non-EU citizen who wishes to work in the UK needs to hold a higher diploma and recognized degree qualifications in the country. Besides that, the applicant needs to make proof of previous experience in the chosen domain he wishes to work in the UK, financial statements and a letter of employment, with a copy of the signed contract which needs to contain information about the type of job, the salary and the period of stay. The entire procedure related to the work permit application in the UK can be explained by our UK immigration lawyer. In addition to this, our immigration lawyers can also guide you about the available visas in UK. For instance; if you are interested in the UK investor visa, the services of our lawyers are at your disposal. The United Kingdom is an interesting and diverse place to live, with numerous opportunities available to tier 1 investor visa holders. As a visa holder, you will be able to work, study, or start a business in the United Kingdom.

Types of work visas in the UK for non-EU citizens

The Tier 1 visa is needed for business persons or entrepreneurs who want to open companies in the UK, with a minimum share capital of GBP 50,000. The Tier 2 visa is available and can be obtained by religious workers or people involved in different sports activities in the UK. The temporary workers are the ones who obtained a specific job for a particular period of time and who need a tier 5 visa. This kind of visa has major importance and can be obtained by people who are involved in diplomatic affairs, government jobs, or research areas. Our London immigration lawyer can tell you more. Besides guiding you about how a non-EU citizen can work in the United Kingdom, our lawyers can also guide you on other matters. For instance; if you need information and assistance regarding acquiring an innovator visa in UK, the services of our lawyers are at your disposal. There are certain requirements that you need to fulfill before applying for this visa. One of the requirements is English language competency which you are required to fulfill. To learn about other requirements, consult with our lawyers. 

Types of jobs in the UK for non-EU citizens

Sectors like engineering, IT, architecture, health, agriculture, insurance, economics, marketing, energy, media, or education are in need of a skilled workforce. Landscape architecture designers, postdoctoral scientists, learning technologists, laboratory managers, interactive media professors, or marketing officer are available positions in important cities in the UK, where non-EU citizens can apply if they meet the conditions mentioned above. More details can be provided by our London immigration lawyer.

You may contact our team of immigration solicitors in London for extra information about the available work permits for non-EU citizens or about the type of visas to enter the UK.