Rules for foreign students in UK
- Understand, read, write and speak English,
- Have a place on a course,
- Have enough money in order to support himself/herself and pay for the course that is taking,
- Not be from EEA (European Economic Area) or Switzerland,
- Meet all of the other eligibility requirements.
Applied fees for a student visa
Time of arrival in the UK
- he/she can arrive one week before if the entire course lasts six months or less,
- he/she can come to the UK one month before if the duration of the course is larger than six months. A residence permit in UK is needed.
Work opportunities for a foreign student
The citizen coming to the United Kingdom for taking courses can work as a student union sabbatical officer, can apply for the visa from inside and outside of the UK, is able to apply for an extension of his or her stay, and can also work in most of the available jobs, but it depends on what level the course is and the type of the sponsor the person has. The future student is not allowed to receive any public funds during the stay in the United Kingdom. Also, the foreign citizen is not permitted to work in a few certain jobs, as a professional sportsperson or coach, and can’t take any courses at a local authority-funded school or at an academy. When a foreign future student receives a study visa, he or she is able to bring other family members in the country, as dependents.
If there are any other questions regarding the subject, do not hesitate to call us. Our immigration solicitors in London are always here to help. Make sure you ask for complete legal advice and talk to our London immigration lawyer.