Requirements for fiance visa for UK
- The partners must be over 18 years of age.
- Your sponsor planned to get married to you within six months from the date of the visa application.
- The persons must know each other previous to the date the application is made.
- They have to plan to live together permanently.
- The candidate disposes of enough funds or the partner is obliged to prove he/she is able to financially support the UK fiance visa applicant, including the dependants if any, without having to appeal to public funds.
- The couple has to prove details about adequate accommodation at their disposal.
- The persons must have a satisfactory level of the English language unless they are citizens of certain countries.
- Different from most visas of this kind, it isn’t required for the couple to prove that they have lived together.
What are the conditions of the fiance visa for UK?
Candidates are granted a fiance visa for a six-month period, during which they must come to live in the UK and get married to their partner. The fiance visa for UK doesn’t allow the candidate to work in the UK during the six months’ time. After getting married, the candidate has to apply for a marriage visa which, if granted, is available for 60 months, with the possibility of renewal after 33 months before the candidate is able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). You might want to see the following video presentation:
Dependants of the UK fiance visa applicant
Fiance visa requirements for citizens from special countries
Financial requirements for a fiance visa for UK
English language requirements for foreign citizens
Our immigration lawyers in London can provide you with details about the requirements regarding the English language when applying for a fiance visa. For instance, you must prove you speak and write in the English language by passing the English test accepted by the test providers in UK. IELTS (International English Language Test System) is a well-known test in the UK, which is available for students and also for citizens outside EU (European Union) and EEA (European Economic Area) who want to apply for a fiance visa to join the partner, a British citizen. There are also English language exemptions for fiance visa applications. For instance, such requirements are not imposed for persons over 65 years of age, victims of domestic abuse, or individuals having higher qualifications recognized by NARIC (National Recognition Information Centre for UK). The English requirements for a visa for UK should be attentively measured and verified. You can discuss all the aspects with one of our immigration solicitors in London who can also help you obtain British citizenship.
Proving you are in a genuine relationship
The genuine relationship requirement is an important part of the fiance visa application. The candidate must provide complete information about the relationship, most of the time related to evidence like joint accounts, bank statements, accommodation, birth certificates (including birth certificates of children, if any), reference letters from family members, or declarations made by close friends or colleagues. Proving the relationship is genuine is a significant part related to the fiance visa application in UK, so it is best to pay attention to this aspect from the start and discuss all the terms with our London immigration lawyer.
Can I apply for a fiancé visa outside UK?
How much does it take to obtain the fiancé visa for UK?
Short facts about spouse visas for UK
FAQ about fiancé visa for UK
Yes, you can bring your dependents under 18 years of age by having them on your visa application. It is best to ask for legal advice in this matter because the visa application might be subject to special formalities and difficulties.
6. Are there English requirements as part of the fiance visa application?
Yes, the candidate must provide he/she has a solid knowledge of the English language. The IELTS test is accepted as part of the fiance visa application.
7. How long does it take to obtain the fiance visa for UK?
The fiance visa is normally issued within 8 weeks, if the application is made in UK, or 12 weeks if the visa process started outside the country. In any case, our immigration solicitors in London will provide complete legal advice and will oversee the entire process.
8. Is there a condition regarding personal funds for fiance visa?
Yes, a couple must prove they obtain at least GBP 18,600/year in order to qualify for a fiance visa. In the case of children, the sum will change, but all the details can be offered by our experts.
9. Do I need to prove the relationship is genuine?
Yes, the immigration authorities will ask for specific details and documents that sustain the relationship is genuine. It is best to provide such information right from the start.
10. Do I need an immigration lawyer in London to apply for a fiance visa for UK?
Yes, we strongly recommend you to get in touch with one of our immigration lawyers in London who can help you from a legal point of view.
Choosing our immigration lawyers in London
Immigration in UK
- according to the Office for National Statistics in UK, around 14,3% was the percent of immigrants in UK in 2017;
- more than 627,000 people arrived in UK during September 2017- September 2018;
- over the last 2 years (2017 and 2018), the emigration level remained unchanged;
- more than 213,000 foreign citizens can to UK for work during September 2017- September 2018.
For complete information about how to obtain a fiance visa for UK, we recommend you to get in touch with our team of immigration solicitors in London.