We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

English Language Tests for Foreign Students in the UK

English Language Tests for Foreign Students in the UK

The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the main test you need to take at the approved UK visa immigration centers if you apply for a Tier 4 Student visa. Our immigration solicitors in London can provide you with information and guidance when you prepare the necessary documents for a student visa application, including details about the specific tests. Support for UK residence card or for British citizenship can be offered by our UK immigration lawyer.

What you need to know about the IELTS 

The IELTS measures and verifies the language ability of a foreign person who applies for a Tier 4 student visa in the UK. The English level can be settled with this type of test, which can be scheduled in the accepted UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration Office) locations worldwide. If you have decided to enter the UK and study here, the UKVI will consider the IELTS score, in order to provide you with the student visa. As a reminder, the IELTS is necessary for people who wish to apply for a partner visa, spouse visa, and family visa. People who cannot pass the test from the start have the chance to retake it, after a specific period of time.

On the other hand, the UK future students will need to pass the ISE (Integrated Skills in English) test, but not all colleges in the country impose such exams. Make sure to verify if the chosen university in the UK deals with the ISE test.

Would you like support for a residence permit in UK or for British citizenship? Our UK immigration lawyer can help you.

Details About the Tier 4 student visa in the UK

People from outside the EEA (European Economic Area) and Switzerland can apply for a Tier 4 student visa, in order to properly study in the country. This type of visa can be obtained if you are 16 years old if you have been offered a place on the course, if you have passed the IELTS and if you can financially support the studies without having to ask for public funds. Besides that, the immigration officer may request other important documents. This visa can also allow you to work full time on the campus or outside the campus, but not exceeding 15 or 20 hours per week. The Tier 4 student visa is available for the period of the courses and can be extended if the case requires it. Talk to our London immigration lawyer and ask for legal advice.

Our immigration solicitors in London can offer legal assistance and complete guidance if you wish to study in the UK, or if you need additional information about the IELTS test, so please feel free to contact us. Details about UK residence card can be offered by our London immigration lawyer.